Sunday, January 11, 2015

Orphan solid block quilt

 Yesterday I laid out my solid blocks to see how my collection was coming along. Whenever I try out a block to see if I like it or to check the size, I make it in a solid. When I have enough blocks, I'm planning to make a sampler quilt....looks like I have a ways to go.

 Al and I are in the process of building a house...and we've come to a hiccup of sorts. I found our DREAM lot....after we already had started this house..above. SO...we will be selling this one in the spring when it's dry walled...then start ALL over again. So I may not have a house (sewing room) for another year. But I think it'll be worth the wait...below is the new lot. Love our view!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Interesting that you have the solid color blocks to work with. Should make a good quilt.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful view! You certainly are on an adventure, my friend. May you soon be settled in your dream home ... <3 Pat

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...